Thursday, June 30, 2011

10/5/1975 (mission letter)


October  5, 1975
Dear President Sato:
Ogenki desu ka?  We are very genki.  We have been visiting members whose families are not members and having family home evening with them to shokai our church because it is quite surprising that the members have not talked about the church to their families.  We visited Miyuta kyodai’s parents and found out that the father was really ready for baptism and all he needed was to be challenged so on Sunday, we asked Kobayashi shibucho to talk to him and now we have set the baptism date for Oct. 10, 1975.  He is about 65 years old and a wonderful man. So, we will have to try to help the mother so she too will want to get baptized.
Inouye shimai and I have had some wonderful experiences together, she is a wonderful very spiritual person and I am learning a lot from her.  I love her very much and hope we can stay together as companions for a while.  We feel that the best way to get referrals is through the families.  We have a wonderful sister Kojikawa who has had all her lessons but doesn’t feel like she is ready for baptism, but we feel like she will be baptized soon.
I know that missionary work is important and I am happy to serve as a missionary.
Thank you, Mano shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment