Thursday, June 16, 2011

Nagoya Mission Letters

Joy's interview--February 2006

The next several posts are short letters that grandma wrote to her mission president during her mission in Nagoya.  1974-1975.




Sept. 1, 1974
Dear Zone Leaders:
I have just come from the mission home on Saturday and have bought all the things that was required.  I hope to catch on to being a lady missionary and be able to be a help and a good companion to Sister Kato.  Sister Kato is such a wonderful missionary and I hope to do as well when I found out what I am supposed to do.  Thank you, Sister Michi Mano

Sept 1, 1974
 Dear President Sato:
Thank you for sending me to the Shizuoka Branch.  It seems to be a very active branch and the members are wonderful.  My companion, Sister Kato, is a wonderful missionary and I love her very much.  She has really helped me out in many things.  I hope to learn to ride the bike so I will not have to walk so much.  I love this gospel and hope I will be able to take the truth to many people.  I have a testimony that this is the Lord’s work and if we pray and work hard the Lord will bless us.  I hope to work hard and be a good missionary.  Thank you very much. Sister Michi Mano

No comments:

Post a Comment