Sunday, June 19, 2011

9/22/1974 (mission letter)

Sept 22, 1974
 Dear President Sato:
 I feel like I am getting used to missionary life and enjoying it very much, because I am understanding what I am supposed to do more each day.  My companion, Sister Kato, is a wonderful teacher and if I could learn all the things she is teaching me, I am sure I will be a good missionary someday.  We have been doing quite a lot of house to house contacting and street contacting, without too much success, but we hope to find some good investigators soon.
 My bike riding is improving because I could at least ride it now, but I’m so scared of the narrow roads and the cars honking.  I hope I will get used to that soon and make use of the bicycle. Sister Kato has been very good with me and we are getting along very well.  I feel the Lord is helping me everyday in all that I do.
 I know that I am doing the Lord’s work and am very happy to be able to be a missionary in Japan.  With the Lord’s help, I am sure I will do alright.
Thank you very much, Sister Michi Mano

No comments:

Post a Comment