In the back of my mind I have had on my to-do list for the past 5 years to make a video of my grandma's life. I have interviews, and pictures as most of her grandkids do. And yet, it's been too overwhelming to get going. I started shortly after grandma passed away in 2006, but I haven't been able to get myself to do all the video editing. I realized how hard it would be to take 10 hours of video and put it into about an hour or so.
So here is my new project, and you can all make it your new project as well. We all have stories about grandma, and recorded stories that grandma has told. I want to have this blog so that we can all share them with one another. I also know that there are stories out there that some of us have never heard from people we've never met. Maybe we'll get lucky and some people will be willing to share their stories about our grandma on here too.
Feel free to share this site with your friends and extended family. Also, when you're sending me posts, remember that it's a public blog, so put things in your posts that you're ok with the whole world reading.
You can e-mail any stories, photos, or videos to grandma@abitofjoy.com. I am screening them because I don't want any spam posts, but then I'll be able to post them directly to this blog once I look over them. I'm excited for that because all I have to do is push the 'post' button to post your e-mails, so no added work :)
Become a follower, and you can stay updated with new stories. I am going to begin by posting some of the e-mails our family sent to each other the week our grandma passed away. Then I'll start posting some video clips of the interviews that I did with her.
Another thing that I'm excited about is that it's so easy to turn a blog into a book (minus the videos), so once we get a lot of stories, I'll turn it into a book and then I can order one for anyone who would like one.
Thanks to Natalie for blogging about grandma on Memorial Day, it gave me this idea. And thanks to Trent for sharing his experience in Japan, which also got me thinking about doing something like this. I'll ask Trent to send in his story sometime.
So, please send me your posts! Even if it's just one of grandma's one liners.
No comments:
Post a Comment