Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ron's birth day (Dictated by Michi to Joy)

In 1942, I had my baby boy. That day around noon, I had to go to the hospital because I knew I was going to have my baby, but my husband was somewhere on the farm, and we couldn’t find him. Luckily, at the Miyagishima’s, there was a family that came from California, just like us, and they had a grown son married to one of the Miyagishima’s daughters and he was able to take me to the hospital. He was happy to take me because he said he could speed and that he would have an excuse if he got caught. We lived in Layton, Utah, and we went to the hospital in Ogden, Utah. He was disappointed when he didn’t get caught, but I was glad because I barely made it before the baby was born.

The baby waited until I got to the delivery room, but soon after that our baby boy was born. We named him Ronald.   He was a healthy baby, and we enjoyed him very much. In the hospital, there was a Japanese lady in the next bed, and when they brought her baby in, she started to undersss the baby, so I asked her what she was doing and she said she had to check if her baby was ok. I asked her why she did that and she said she had a friend that had a baby that had something wrong, so she had to make sure that her baby was ok. I never saw any baby like that so I never worried about those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment