Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Greater Morio Reunion 2011 (Ken)

I took this from Uncle Ken's e-mail, you've probably already read it in  your e-mail, but I figure it's a good history to post on here.  I apparently didn't take very many pictures, but I'll post a few on here.

We had a great time at the Morio reunion, it is quite a group, about 155 attended and they are all our relatives, quite amazing, so it must mean that we have about 500 relatives in the US, all descended from the Morio family.
The main branches of the family are the Morio, Kawana and Yoshitomi families.

My grandfather (Tsunemichi Morio) and his wife (Masa Yoshitomi) had 6 kids.
. Mary Takemori - they only had one son, Fred (who died in 1971 at 34), one of Fred's daughter's Jeal was there, with her daughter Natalee, husband and new baby. (Fred's other kids are Rick, Alan, Bret & Kirk)
. Lily Chiba - Both of her children, Betty Ann & Philip were there.
Betty Ann's son Chris was there in a wheelchair and they had to stop a couple of times on their drive for Chris to have dialysis.
Phillip & his wife were there with their 2 sons, Bain & Beau (great guys)
. Michi - Ron, Dick & I were there with several of our kids.
Ken & Carolyn, Gary & Racquel, Trent, Sarah & Charlotte
Ron & Cheryl, Patrice & Arnold, Tisha & Neil & kids (Max, Payton, and Ellie), Darin & Taryn were there
Dick & Linda, Chad & Rachel & kids (Logan, Carli, Emi, and Ryan), Stephanie & Joy were there
Irene & Sharon couldn't make it.
. Henry - Neither Michael or Sylvia were there
. Noboru (Nibs) - Aunt Mary didn't come, Tom says she won't go anywhere, but physically and mentally she's doing well.
Tom & his wife Debby, his kids were all there
David, Carol Sue & Laura (Dody) were not there

. Sachie was adopted by the Shiki family when Masa died during the childbirth.
They have Shirley, Kent, Mark, Shana & Lisa. (none of them were there)

Friday night we went bowling, which was pretty fun.
Saturday morning there was golfing (Gary, Trent, Ron, Neil went)
Saturday, there was a simple lunch in the hospitality room, but it was a good chance to just visit... spent quite a bit of time with Phillips sons (Bain & Beau). There was also swimming and ice skating, which we skipped.
Satuday night was the dinner with all the adults, kids had pizza before.... Pretty good buffet dinner, tons of raffle stuff, just about everyone won something except Mom and I.

Anyhow, it was really a fun time getting to meet a lot of the relatives that I really didn't know. When we were talking with Bain & Beau, they said the Mano's all have big families, ours are all only about 2 kids each, I told him that's because we're all Mormons....

Well, it was great, glad we went...
This was the 4th reunion and the first one in 11 years, they said they'll do it again... lots of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment