Saturday, July 30, 2011

A new farmer (Dictated by Michi to Joy)

There was a farmer named Miyagishima, and he needed a farm hand, and the best part was that they had a place to live. It was a small one room house, actually it was a chicken coupe type home, and the farm land was right around it. It was a far cry from the life we were living in Los Angeles, California. We didn’t have any running water, so naturally we didn’t have a toilet in the house. We were lucky we had light. Ken and Irene were so scared of those outhouses, when they had to go, I had to hold them because they thought they might fall in the hole. My husband helped as farm hand and I think it was very hard for him because he had never farmed before, and thinning beets acres after acres is not an easy task. Even though the home was small and crowded, we were here as a family. Just before I had my baby, my fingers got quite swollen, and my wedding ring got too tight, so I took it off during the night and put it under my pillow, but in the morning I couldn’t find my ring. I looked all over for it, but never found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment