Sunday, July 17, 2011

Carolyn Takemori (Dictated by Michi to Joy)

 Carolyn married my nephew Fred Takemori.  Carolyn was a very lovely girl and we became good friends or maybe she was more like a daughter to me.  After she married fred, they seemed happy and had 5 children under 5 years old, in other words they had 5 children in 5 years.  It was very hard to raise 5 small children.  Fred was away from home and was not much of a help to her, I don't know why he was away so much.  Carolyn lived in Sandy and I lived in West Bountiful, Utah.   Every so often, she would bring her 5 childdren and visit me, we really enjoyed each other.  Once she visited me and when she was ready to go home, she had to help each child in the car, and when she got in to drive the car, she couldnt' find her key.  She asked each child if they knew wehre the key was, and they all said "no", so she had to get each child out of the car to look for the key.  It was on the floor, one of the children must of dropped it on the floor.  Instead of getting mad at them, she just said "we found the key" and all the children were happy and they started for home.  Carolyn was very patient with her children.  She was a very good mother.

 My children Ken, Irene, and Sharon were attending BYU, so I went often to Provo to see them.  When I went to Provo, I usually stopped to see Carolyn, but one Valentine Day, I didn't stop over, and later found out that she made cookies and was waiting for me.  I felt real bad about it.  When Carolyn was pregnant with her 2nd child and Rick (her first child) was very young, my father Tsunemichi Morio asked Mary to go with him to Los Angeles, California to visit relatives.  Carolyn said, "I will go with you, grandpa"  She took the little boy, and went with grandpa to visit his relatives.  She met lost of our relations and they were very impressed with her, and though she was very nice.  She was very nice and very thoughtful.  Fred didn't take responsibility as a father and she had a tough time and finally they separated and she had to go on welfare.  When she was on welfare, she tried to repay as much as she could.  Soon after that, she became ill, and went to the hospital.  While she was in the hostpital, I prayed that she will not die leaving those 5 little children.  They needed her and I was sure that she wouldn’t die, but I guess the burden was too heavy to bare, and she passed away.  I felt real bad.  The 5 little children were left without a mother.  Carolyn’s parents took them and raised them.

Carolyn was very special to me, and I still miss her.


1 comment:

  1. What a sad story of a woman too soon gone. I went to Sandy Elementary with Alan and have wondered about his world. Should you speak with him, please let him know I asked about him and he may reach me at lisaroilarsen@gmail .com .

    Deepest condolences,
    Lisa Roi Larsen

    ReplyDelete