Sunday, August 14, 2011

Farewell Talk (July 16, 1989) Continued...part 3

The parents [Michi & Eisaku] were quite stubborn and didn't get baptized for a while, but the West Bountiful people are very clever.  They asked me to be a primary teacher before I was a member.  I told them I couldn't do such a thing but they said they have a teacher's manual and I just had to study it and it would be easy.

I started to teach the 10 year old girls and they were so cute but one cannot teach the gospel if you weren't converted so I was baptized soon after and my husband got baptized much alter.  Our eldest son, Ken, baptized both of us.

I can testify to you that our life has changed for the better and I am always grateful for the example that the West Bountiful people showed to us.  My heart is still in West Bountiful because I was reborn there and I have many wonderful friends there.

My 3 sons went on missions to Japan.  when my sons went on their missions many years ago, I remember Bishop Samuelson saying "Let's send Sister Mano on a mission"  I know he was joking then but I don't think he ever realized that I would go on 3 missions, did you Bishop Samuelson?

(Continued in next post)

No comments:

Post a Comment