I was born in Utah many years ago but I left when I was very young and never came back until I was married and had two children Ken and Irene.
The reason we came to Utah was because of WWII and the Japanese were chased out of California. I guess you cannot imagine a thing like that could happen in America, but it did, but I do not blame anyone for it because after all, it was war and many strange things happen during wars.
We thought it was the end of the world, but it was actually a blessing in disguise because if there was no war, I don't think we would have come to Utah and if we didn't come to Utah, we would of never known about this church. Although we came to Utah, we didn't hear about this church until we moved to West Bountiful, but when we lived in Rockport and Murray, my daughter always went to church.
In Rockport, they had a tiny one room church and Irene was only 7 or 8 years or maybe 10 years old. She went to church all by herself and when we moved to Murray, Irene went to church with a friend named Marlene. I think she went to the Mormon church. I really didn't know what church she was going to but I knew as long as she went to church it was ok.
Soon as we moved to West Bountiful, my children were invited by their friends to go to primary after school and to church on Sunday. Stake missionaries came to visit us, not to preach to us but to fellowship, they wouldn't leave us alone. Soon after that, my eldest children, Ken and Irene were baptized, then the next two, Ron and Sharon were baptized, and my youngest son Dick was baptized when he was 8 years old.
(continued on next post)
No comments:
Post a Comment