~Note from Joy: I'm breaking this up into 4 posts because it's a little long, and it will also give me more time to find more material to post :) I'm just going through some of grandma's scrapbooks.~
Opening Prayer: Irene
Choir with Dick conducting
Talk: Ken
Musical #: Piano solo by Tiffany
Talk: Ron
Talk: Michi
Remarks: Bishop Suzuki
(Note from grandma: I was hoping that the meeting would not go over time, but it did and lasted until 4:30. Ken & Ron & Bishop gave good talks. Choir was small but very nice. Tiffany played well.)
Farewell Talk:
My dear brothers & sisters, isn't it wonderful that the Lord has invited to go on another mission? I thought he would reject me because after all the age limit is 70 years old or so I thought. Maybe I am over 70 but I sure don't feel like it. We read in DC Section 4...
As it is written, we must have a desire to serve God to go on a mission, but it is ver important that you have good health because missionary work is not easy but I read that "As a job, a mission is hard, but as a calling, it is wonderful" I have good health and I do not have a pain in my body. I asked a friend why she doesn't go on a mission and she said "you're brave, I'm scared to go on a mission by myself" but there is nothing to be scared of. The Lord is with you all the way and there is nothing to fear.
About a month ago, I went with my son Ron and his family to Disneyland and there was a ride we were going on there was a sign that said "if you have bad heart, you shouldn't ride on it." Although I have a good heart, I was wondering if I should ride on it or not and Ron said "if you are crazy enough to go on a mission at your age, you should be ok" I rode on it and I was ok, and it proved to me that I was ready for my next mission.
In the church news sometime ago, I read that "every man that is called to serve was pre-ordained in Heaven" In Ephesians we read...
When I read these words, I wondered why it took so long for me to find this church and it thrilled me to think that I was ordained in Heaven.
I did not become a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days until later in life, but because of the wonderful example of the people of West Bountiful, we were converted and baptized. All 5 of my children, my husband, and I.
(continued in next post)
No comments:
Post a Comment