This year we started a new Memorial Day tradition. For the past 5 years we have met at grandma and grandpa's grave, we usually take flowers, and then take a family picture. After, we used to go to Ron and Cheryl's house, but now we got to Tony and Natalie's house for dinner. The new tradition that was started this year was we had family members share memories of those who have passed on, so that the younger generations could learn about their ancestors. For me it was good, because some stories I hadn't heard yet. ~Joy
This story is from Bruce, a grandson.
This comes from grandma's journal on August 15, 1989.
I went to the Provo Mall with Bruce and his companion, Elder Fairbanks. Bruce had to pick up a pair of pants he bought at ZCMI, so we got on the bus and went. I thought that was so cute for Bruce to want me to go with him. At least I was able to spend a few hours with him.
Ken came over to the MTC just when we were in the line to have dinner and they paged me and Ken was there. Bruce heard my name over the speaker so he went to the front foyer and was able to see Ken.
No comments:
Post a Comment