Monday, August 6, 2012

Visit from the grandkids (Journal)

January 1, 2001

Just a few days ago, I was surprised when so many of my grandchildren came to see me.  First, Patrice wanted me to make or show her how to make "kinpira gobo', so she buys the gobo from Clifornia and brings it over.  So I made the kipira gobo and had some rice ready.

The grandchildren were Natalie, Melissa, Patrice, Rhett, Darin, Tisha, Karisa, and Taryn.  They said they were going to the Dome to play.  None of them knew what kinpira gobo was but they all ate it with rice and seem to like it.

I didn't think I had enough food to feed them but like a miracle, the food stretched and they had enough to eat.

Patrice and Natalie stayed here but the rest went to the dome to play for a while and I knew that they would be hungry when they came back so I made yakisoba and some rice ball for them and sure enough, they were hungry and I was glad I had food for them.  Again, the food seemed to stretch and there was enough for them. It was fun to have them and I was glad I was able to feed them.

On New Years day, I asked Ron to stop over and help take the food over and they came and helped me.   I am surprised that I am still able to cook for them, I am 85 years old and I guess I am very lucky.

We had lots of good food to eat because Irene, Cheryl and Linda are good cooks and make lots of good things to eat.

2 comments:

  1. makes me miss grandma's cooking! It didn't matter what she made, it just tasted good because she made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny that Grandma worried about not having enough food o feed us. I don't remember ever being hungry at her house and my favorites were her yakisoba and her onions, bacon, cabbage and egg...I still make that for myself and think of Grandma!
    Thank you for doing this Joy!

    ReplyDelete