Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Protected (Joy)

I definitely believe that grandma was protected in all that she did.  Especially when she was on the road.  Grandma had never been in a car accident where she was driving until the very last day that she drove.  She was around 88 when she got in an accident in a parking lot, and that's when she decided to stop driving.

As soon as anyone turned 16, grandma would have them drive her car.  I remember when I was about 14, and I could not wait to be able to drive.  It wasn't the usual, I can't wait till I'm 16.  It was more that I couldn't wait until I could drive so grandma wouldn't have to.

One day I went with grandma to volunteer at Granger Elementary.  I remember leaving the school, and grandma didn't see the crossing guard as she was standing in the middle of the street.  That crossing guard was pretty mad.  Then I think we were driving to to Ron's house, and as we were exiting the freeway, grandma was taking up two lanes.  Also, whenever we were driving and grandma would check her blind spot, the car would follow her gaze.  As she turned her head to the right, her arms would turn the wheel to the right.  I'm pretty sure this all happened in one afternoon.  Hence, as a 14 year old, I couldn't wait until I could drive.

All in all, I shouldn't have been scared because grandma was protected by angels.  Not just in her adventurous driving, but in life in general.  She was definitely one of the most blessed people I've ever met.  She didn't have the riches or things like that, but that would never have been what would have made her feel blessed.  That's not what she treasured.

No comments:

Post a Comment